ASBA’s Landmark Certification
Since February of 2005, ASBA Ship Agent Members have raised the QUALITY bar for agency companies operating in the United States and Canada by implementing an annual certification process.
Why Appoint an ASBA Certified Ship Agent?
ASBA Ship Agent Member Certification provides minimum standards for agency providers:
- Annual Certified Public Accounting Procedural Review to attest that advanced funds are supported by detailed receipts and invoices and that separate files are kept by principal with supporting documentation.
- Agent members must confirm that undisputed accounts are settled in accordance with their agreement with principals and/or vendors.
- Insurance coverage meeting the minimum requirements for Automobile, Workmen’s Compensation with USL&H as required, General Liability of $1Million per event and Errors & Omissions Coverage minimum of $1M aggregated for the policy year.
- Boarding Agents and their Managers are trained and professional
- Member agrees that all issues regarding non-compliance are under the auspices of the ASBA Ethics and Grievance Committee.
Certified Ship Agent Members are awarded the Federation of National Associations of Ship Brokers & Agents’ Quality Standard, FQS, internationally recognized standard.