Since February of 2005, ASBA Agent Members have raised the QUALITY bar for agency companies operating in the United States and Canada by implementing a Certification Process.
Why Appoint an ASBA Certified Agent?
ASBA Agent Member Certification provides minimum standards for agency providers:
– Annual Certified Public Account Procedural Review to certify that advanced funds are supported by detailed receipts and invoices and that separate files are kept by principal with supporting documentation.
– Agent members attest that undisputed accounts are settled in accordance with the agent’s agreement with principals and/or vendors.
– Adequate Insurance coverage meeting the minimum requirements for Automobile,
Workmen’s Compensation for USL&H as required, and General Liability of $1Million per event.
– Member Employees are trained and professional
– Member agrees that all issues regarding non-compliance are under the auspices of the ASBA Ethics and Grievance Committee and can face possible suspension of and/or expulsion from membership.
Certified Agent Members also meet the criteria for the Federation of National Associations of Ship Brokers & Agents’ Quality Standard (Internationally Recognized Standard)
ASBA’s Certification and FONASBA’s Quality Standard have been embraced by all major Owner’s Associations: BIMCO, INTERTANKO & INTERCARGO
Click title to view the presentation or article:
Dry Cargo International – Feb 2018 – Ship Agents – The Value of Quality
Feb 2017 – Quality Ship Agents The Cost of Providing Value
Dry Cargo International – Feb 2016 – CALL THE AGENT